Table of Contents HIDE
Grayson the Armourer is the fifth boss of Act 1 in V Rising, who the player must defeat after triumphing over Errol the Stonebreaker, Keely the Frost Archer, and Rufus the Foreman. The boss dwells in the Bandit Armory location in the western part of the Farbane Woods region.
Grayson the Armourer is a relatively easy boss if you know his weaknesses. In this short guide, I will teach you how to easily defeat Grayson the Armourer. The key is preparation.
Step №1: Craft the Merciless Copper Crossbow and the Merciless Nightstalker armor set
You can purchase books to unlock the recipes for the Merciless gear at a special market in the Shady Merchants Camp location, which is in the eastern part of Farbane Woods.
The books are sold by the Shady Book Dealer and cost 40 Copper Coins, which drop from human enemies and can be found in chests. Some of the books you need may not be for sale, but they will surely appear at the next update of the product list.
Pay attention to the timer at the top of the trading interface. It shows how much time is left until the merchant’s product list will be updated.
The Merciless Copper Crossbow, in my opinion, is the best weapon for defeating Grayson the Armourer. The boss uses melee weapons, so it makes sense to attack him from a distance.
As for the Merciless Nightstalker armor set, it will not only enhance your character’s survivability but also add 2 points to Physical Power.
Step №2: Buy and use the Brew of Ferocity
This potion will increase your character’s Physical Power by 4 units for 30 minutes. It can be purchased from the trader in the aforementioned Shady Merchants Camp location for 18 Copper Coins. In the future, you will be able to craft such potions yourself.
Step №3: Feed your character quality blood
At this stage of the game, the “Warrior” type blood is best as it increases the character’s Physical Power and reduces the cooldown on all weapon skills.
When using a crossbow, reducing cooldown is especially important because we want to attack the boss with the “Rain of Bolts” skill as often as possible. Try to feed your vampire blood of at least 20-30% “Warrior” quality. This will be more than enough considering all the other enhancements.
Step №4: Understand the boss’s skills
Grayson the Armourer is armed with a hammer and has several skills. The names given below are not official. I came up with them to denote the boss’s abilities.
- “Pulling Hammers” – after a brief preparation, the boss releases 3 hammers in front of him. If one of these hammers hits the character, it pulls him towards the boss. This skill does minimal damage, and it’s easy to dodge.
- “Spikes” – the boss scatters a large number of spikes on the ground. If the character steps on a spike, he receives minor damage and a slowdown effect. For a comfortable victory over the boss, the area must be cleaned of spikes in time (more on this later).
- “Charge” – after a short delay, the boss quickly runs to the player and delivers a hammer blow. The skill has a long preparation time and is easy to dodge.
- “Circular Defense” – if the player gets close to the boss, he will make a sweeping circular hammer strike, which will push the player back. This ability is one of the reasons why it is better to defeat the boss using a crossbow.
- “Bandit Summon” – the boss summons a minion-archer who fights on his side.
- “Hammer Strike” – in melee combat, the boss can simply hit your character on the head with a hammer. This attack has a short preparation time and inflicts minor damage.
Step №5: Defeat the boss using a crossbow and spells
Open the Spellbook (J) and make sure you have equipped the spells Aftershock and Shadowbolt.
Attack the boss with these spells and with the “Rain of Bolts” skill during combat. This will allow you to keep your distance from the boss and simultaneously inflict powerful damage. During the recharge of spells and skills, use the crossbow’s primary attack.
The boss’s most problematic skill is the “spikes“, but it can be easily negated. On the platform where the boss lives, there are 4 “armor stands”.
When interacting with them, the player loses the ability to attack but gains complete invulnerability for a short period (about 12-14 seconds).
When the boss throws spikes on the ground, you should interact with one of the “armor stands” and in a state of invulnerability, run over the spikes. This way you will clear the territory and comfortably continue the fight.
Considering all the enhancements I listed, the fight will take about 1 minute.
- When the boss loses 50% of his health, he drops 3 Health Orbs. Pick them up to restore the character’s health.
- You can also create several Vermin Salves, which will allow you to restore some lost health during the battle.
That’s how easily and quickly you can defeat Grayson the Armourer in V Rising, if you prepare well for the fight.