Table of Contents HIDE
Age of Frostfall is a strategy developed by WARMEST GOOD LIMITED can you can play it on PC. The game features an apocalyptic winter setting where players must lead their city and armies to defend against the invading ice monsters called “The Thawing.” Players must train troops, build their city, and recruit legendary heroes to fight against The Thawing. The game also features tower defense gameplay where players must strategically manage their special forces to fend off waves of enemy soldiers.
You will raise and train their own dragons, which can help you in battles and city building. Age of Frostfall has a beautiful and detailed design of the frozen landscapes and offers players an immersive world to explore. It has over 1 million downloads and a 4.4-star rating from over 102k reviews. The game is currently available for download on all devices with Android 5.0 or higher and offers in-app purchases ranging from $0.99 to $99.99.
How to install Age of Frostfall on PC
To play Age of Frostfall on a personal computer, you need to use an emulator because the game does not have a dedicated client for PC. Many players are intimidated by the word “emulator,” but it is simply a program that mimics the Android operating system. It can be launched like any other desktop application on Windows, but inside the emulator, you will find the same functions that any Android smartphone or tablet has. For example, you can install almost any Android game, including Age of Frostfall, and play it with convenient controls.
So, how to install Age of Frostfall on PC?
- Go to the official BlueStacks website and download the program. BlueStacks is the best free emulator, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Install and launch the emulator on your PC. When you first run the program, it will require you to sign in with your Google account. This is necessary to get access to the Google Play Store from which you will install apps. You can also use a separate Google account created specifically for BlueStacks, if you prefer.
- After that, launch the Google Play Store by clicking on the icon on the desktop inside the BlueStacks emulator.
- In the search field, enter the name of the game “Age of Frostfall” and press Enter. On the game page in the store, click “Install” and wait a bit. The program will do everything else automatically. In just 1-2 minutes, you will be able to play Age of Frostfall on your PC.
After installation, an icon to launch the game will appear on the main screen of BlueStacks and on the desktop of your PC.
When launching from the desktop, BlueStacks will first start and then the game will launch, which is very convenient. However, you can remove this shortcut if you don’t need it.
How to configure BlueStacks for better graphics and higher FPS
To increase FPS and improve display quality in BlueStacks, you need to adjust some additional settings in the program. Don’t worry, it’s not difficult at all. All you need to do is allocate as much system resources as possible to BlueStacks and adjust some rendering settings.
- Go to the settings and select the “Performance” section. Here, you should choose the maximum possible number of processor cores and as much RAM as possible. Set the “Performance Mode” to “High Performance” to prioritize program performance. Limit the frame rate to 60, as standard monitors with a refresh rate of 60Hz are physically unable to display a higher FPS. Otherwise, the graphics card will generate excessive frames for no reason, which you probably do not want. This applies not only to games on BlueStacks, but also to any games on a PC.
- In the “Display” section, you can adjust the screen settings. Specify the corresponding resolution of your monitor and DPI (pixel density). For better performance, it is recommended to use lower values, and for smoother images – on the contrary, higher ones.
- You should also switch the “Graphics engine mode” to “Performance” in the “Graphics” section. This will give you an additional performance boost. As for OpenGL/DirectX, you should only change this option if you notice graphic artifacts in the game. If the graphics are displayed incorrectly, try changing OpenGL to DirectX or vice versa. Sometimes this solves the problem.
Now you can enjoy playing Age of Frostfall on your PC with high FPS and smooth graphics. You don’t need to adjust any control settings because the game is mainly controlled using the cursor.
Age of Frostfall screenshots
Benefits of playing Age of Frostfall on PC via BlueStacks
- Larger Screen: Playing Age of Frostfall on your PC via BlueStacks provides a larger screen and better viewing experience than on a mobile device.
- Better Performance: BlueStacks optimizes the game’s performance by allocating more system resources to the emulator, resulting in higher FPS and smoother gameplay.
- Enhanced Graphics: Playing on a PC allows you to take advantage of the higher-end graphics cards and larger displays, resulting in improved graphics and visual effects.
- Customizable Controls: You can customize the controls for Age of Frostfall on BlueStacks to suit your playing style, which may be easier than the controls on mobile devices.
- Multi-instance support: BlueStacks allows you to run multiple instances of Age of Frostfall on your PC, allowing you to play multiple accounts or with friends.
- Simultaneous Game and App Usage: With BlueStacks, you can play Age of Frostfall and use other apps simultaneously, making it easier to manage and respond to messages, social media, or other tasks.
- Cloud Save Feature: BlueStacks has a cloud save feature that allows you to save your game progress, ensuring you never lose your progress even if you switch devices or uninstall the game.
- Battery Life Conservation: Playing on your PC does not drain your device’s battery, allowing you to play Age of Frostfall for longer periods without needing to charge your device.