There are 4 different affinities in RAID: Magic, Spirit, Force and Void. Each champion and boss in the game has an affinity. Each affinity, except Void, is weaker than the previous but stronger than the next.
- Magic (blue) is stronger than Spirit
- Spirit (green) is stronger than Force
- Force (red) is stronger than Magic
- Void (purple) is neutral to other affinities
The developers draw these dependencies as follows.
When you attack with a stronger affinity:
- There is a 30% chance that the hit will be a Strong Hit. This chance is calculated for each hit separately;
- There is a 15% greater chance to deal a Critical Hit against targets with a weaker affinity.
When you attack with a weaker affinity:
- Damage from the attack is reduced by 20%;
- There is a 35% chance that the hit will be a Weak Hit. A Weak Hit cannot be a critical hit and cannot place any debuffs on the opponent;
- The chance to deal a Critical Hit is reduced by 15%.
These features don’t work if both opponents have the same affinity or if one of them has void affinity. Damage and chances will be calculated in a default way.
Types of hits in RAID
Weak Hit (white). Cannot be critical. Damage is reduced by 30%. Cannot place any buffs or debuffs.
The damage of weak hits is reduced by 30%, including all bonuses, according to the official Plarium description. This means that if your character has a 50% [Increase ATK] buff, the final damage will be DMG * 1.5 (buff) * (1 – 0.3) (damage reducing).
The second thing that follows from Plarium’s description is that the damage will be reduced one more time: first by 20% from the affinity disadvantage and then by 30% if the hit is weak. So in fact, the formula for the final damage must be the following: DMG * 1.5 (ATK buff) * (1 – 0.2) (affinity) * (1 – 0.3) (weak hit).
And the third thing you need to know: it doesn’t make sense to have a 115% critical hit chance. When the champion attacks an enemy with a stronger affinity, there will ALWAYS be a 15% greater chance that the hit won’t be critical.
Normal Hit (red). Just hit without any affinity advantages or disadvantages.
Strong Hit (purple). Damage is increased by 30% (DMG (including bonuses) * 1.3 (strong hit)).
Critical Hit (yellow). The damage will be increased by the percentage the attacker has. For example, if your champion has a Critical DMG of 150%, the critical hit damage will be calculated in the following way: DMG * (1 + 1.5 (Crit. DMG)).