Table of Contents HIDE
A “Gold” weapon in Undawn is the highest “legendary” (yellow) quality weapon, which has much higher stats than the “rare” and “epic” counterparts. Such a weapon can be crafted using the Workbench with a 5% chance (15% for epic and 80% for rare).
The easiest way to get a Gold weapon in Undawn is simply to buy it from other players in the “Trade” section. However, I strongly recommend against doing this. In this post, you will not only learn how to guarantee the creation of a legendary weapon practically for free but also how to earn gold through crafting such weapons.
The Crafting Failure Compensation System (the famous “15 attempts”)
Not too long ago (in late summer 2023), players discovered the Crafting Failure Compensation System in Undawn. Its essence is that if you make 14 crafting attempts of the same item (weapon or equipment) and don’t get a Gold-quality item, on the 15th attempt, you will guaranteedly receive this item in legendary quality. I personally tested this system, and it really works.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You should craft only one specific item (e.g., M32 Grenade Launcher).
- The time between attempts doesn’t matter: you can craft once every 5 minutes or once every 10 days.
- Crafting any other item will reset the compensation counter (for example, if you craft 5 “rare” rifles and then start crafting armor, the compensation counter for rifles will reset to 0, and you will have to start 15 attempts again). This does not apply to items without quality levels, such as scopes, materials, and more.
From my experience, getting a “legendary” item on the 15th attempt is quite rare.
How to Craft Gold Weapons Correctly and Profitably
Firstly, if you plan to earn through crafting, you should buy all possible Rare Metal (used for crafting weapons) and Equipment Crafting Crates (with a 50% chance of containing Rare Metal) from all available sources every week:
Store → Great Value → Growth Materials: You can purchase 30 Rare Metal per week for only 60 RC. The best investment for players with limited donations.
Store → Gold → Growth Materials: 20 Equipment Crafting Crates can be bought for 500 gold.
Store → Exclusive Shop → Weekly Card Shop / Monthly Card Shop (only for owners of weekly and monthly cards, respectively): 20 Equipment Crafting Crates can be purchased for 400 gold.
Market → Combat → Materials: 20 Equipment Crafting Crates can be bought for 500 Combat Points.
- Any other possible sources.
Remember that Rare Metal is the most valuable resource in this game because you can earn a lot of gold with it.
Secondly, before you start crafting, make sure that the specific weapon you intend to create is genuinely cheaper to craft than to buy. For this, you will need a calculator and some patience.
So, let’s say we want to create a “legendary” MPX Submachine Gun, which can currently be bought for 235k gold and for 22k gold in an epic variant.
Taking into account current material prices (in my case, it’s 400-600 gold, and you should check prices yourself), each attempt will require 25 units of materials * ~500 gold = 12,500 gold (excluding Rare Metal).
As we are smart people, we’ll assume the worst scenario, where we succeed in creating the weapon only on the 15th attempt. This would mean we spent 15 * 12,500 = 187,500 gold and saved 235,000 – 187,500 = 47,500 gold compared to buying the weapon.
Moreover, during the crafting process, we will guarantee to get 2-3 MPX Submachine Guns of “epic quality,” which we can sell for 20-25k gold each. So, in the worst scenario, we save 47,500 + 2 * 20,000 = 87,500 gold, and in the best scenario, 47,500 + 3 * 25,000 = 122,500 gold. Thus, we get a “legendary” weapon at half the price compared to the “Trade” section.
If you manage to sell the created MPX for, say, 220k gold (slightly cheaper than the competitor), then in the worst of the scenarios, you will earn: 220,000 (gold weapon) + 87,500 (epic weapons) – 187,500 (crafting costs) = 120,000, and in the best scenario, 220,000 + 122,500 – 187,500 = 155,000.
However, as I mentioned earlier, in practice, we often get a gold weapon within the first 10 crafting attempts, so on average, the profit will be 30-40% higher. It all depends on your luck.
What Weapons are Worth Crafting and Why it Works
Any product is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. Demand creates supply, monopolies drive up prices, while competition tends to lower them. These are universal economic laws that apply to the in-game market in Undawn as well.
If you are crafting a gold weapon for personal use, you can confidently craft any, and it will be guaranteed to be more cost-effective than buying it with gold from other players.
If you are crafting gold weapons for sale to earn gold:
Craft Heavy Weapons. Each attempt requires a lot of Rare Metal, so the supply on the market is highly limited. Consequently, heavy weapons are always highly valued and bring in significant profits.
Craft unpopular weapons. This applies to everything except the AK-47 in general. For example, you can craft AK-15, CZ762, or SVD. You should have knowledge about weapons in Undawn to do this. Base your decision on the market price of “epic” weapon variants. For instance, a purple CZ762 currently costs around 35-45k gold. Often, the cost of “epic” weapon variants has the most impact on your crafting profit.
- Avoid crafting in the last week before unlocking new weapons. For instance, if you know that in 3 days, the 90th level will be unlocked, and everyone can craft level 90 weapons, don’t spend Rare Metal on crafting level 80 weapons. It will be challenging to sell them.
As you can see in the screenshots, I myself am actively involved in crafting weapons, and I earn good gold from this.
If you do everything right, you can earn an extra 100-200k gold every week, even without luck. The key is to carefully check prices. I believe it’s better to spend an extra 10 minutes to calculate and understand everything than to complain about pay-to-win for months, don’t you agree? 😉